An Example of How It WorksRead More
An Example of How It Works
Joe and Laura want to give back to their hometown by putting their money where it will do the most good. They establish a $25,000 donor advised fund with a community foundation.
The couple receives a federal income tax charitable deduction for the amount of the gift. They also get all the time they need to decide which charities to support.
After researching community needs with the foundation’s staff, Joe and Laura recommend grants for Concordia College (which they’ve supported for years) and the Animal Rescue League. The foundation presents the charities with checks from the Megan Fund, which Joe and Laura named in honor of their daughter. Joe and Laura are delighted to start this personal legacy of giving.
- Evaluate a sponsoring organization to make sure it supports your interests, values and the type of asset you are considering as a funding source.
- Get to know the organization's policies and procedures-from minimum contributions to administrative fees. Each organization handles these details differently.
- Contact Trina Hall at 218.299.3445 or firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss using donor advised funds to support Concordia College and our mission.
- Seek the advice of your financial or legal advisor.
- If you include Concordia College in your plans, please use our legal name and federal tax ID.
Legal Name: Concordia College
Address: Moorhead, MN
Federal Tax ID Number: 41-0693977